Program Educational Objectives
- Our graduates apply their knowledge to enable them to succeed as engineers in: society, graduate or professional studies, and lifelong learning.
- Our graduates contribute to safety and make ethical engineering and societal decisions.
- Our graduates contribute to the design, manufacture, implementation and management of engineering systems.
- Our graduates are equipped with strong engineering fundamentals and have the flexibility and competence to adapt in a changing world.
- Our graduates innovate, develop, and communicate ideas and solutions, as effective leaders, team leaders, or team members.
Our students, upon graduation,
[ME1] have an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems.
[ME2] have an ability to apply the engineering design process to create thermal or mechanical systems that meet specified application goals with consideration for public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
[ME3] have an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences through technical writing and oral presentations.
[ME4] have an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
[ME5] have a record of productive participation as team members or in leadership roles on multidisciplinary teams which create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
[ME6] have an ability to develop experimental protocols and perform experiments designed to test or verify mechanical principles, components, and properties; analyze results; interpret data; and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
[ME7] have an ability to obtain and apply new knowledge using appropriate learning strategies
For Motorsports Engineering Concentration only:
[ME8] Students are prepared to engage in the design of automotive systems, components, or processes to meet specified goals.
For Energy Engineering Concentration only:
[ME9] Students are prepared to engage in the design of energy systems, components, or processes to meet specified goals.
For Biomedical Engineering Concentration only:
[ME10] Students are prepared to engage in the design of biomedical systems, components, or processes to meet specified goals.