The mission of academic advising at Charlotte is “to assist students in achieving their educational and lifelong learning goals, through an interactive and educational partnership.” With this mission in mind, the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Science strives to help students realize their potential and become successful engineers.
Following their academic advising experience at Charlotte, students will be able to:
- evaluate personal interests and abilities leading to the creation of realistic academic and professional goals.
- access and navigate the University online resources and processes.
- develop an educational plan that leads to the timely completion of their educational goals.
- access University academic and student support services and resources.
- follow academic and administrative policies and procedures.
- develop the critical thinking and independent decision-making skills to make and accept responsibility for academic decisions.
- discover and integrate co- and extra-curricular activities and programs that enhance the collegiate experience.
Source: UNC Charlotte Advising Redesign Team. (2011). Advisor manual: Undergraduate academic advising for faculty & staff advisors. Charlotte, NC.