Active research projects include finite element modeling, multi-scale modeling, large-scale parallel simulations, nanomaterials synthesis and characterization, mechanical testing of nanostructures and ultrafine grain nanocrystalline materials.
Harish Cherukuri | Robert E. Johnson | Russell Keanini | Praveen Ramaprabhu | Ronald Smelser |Alireza Tabarraei | Mesbah Uddin | Qiuming Wei | Terry Xu | Haitao Zhang
Depending on interest, graduate students with interests in bioengineering typically make primary course selections from the following list. For a complete listing of available courses, students are advised to consult the course delivery schedule.
- MEGR 6141/8141: Theory of Elasticity I
- MEGR 7108/8108: Finite Element Analysis & Applications
- MEGR 7163/8163:Materials Characterization and Analysis
- MEGR 7172/8172: Computational Methods in Engineering
- MEGR 7173/8173: Engineering Design Optimization
- MEGR 7090/8090: Special Topics: Fracture Mechanics
- MEGR 7090/8090: Special Topics: Computational Plasticity
- MEGR 7090/8090: Special Topics: Advanced Computational Mechanics