Active research areas include computational fluid dynamics (CFD), including both large-scale computing and turbulence modeling, experimental fluids, bioheat transfer and biopreservation, race car aerodynamics, bio-fluid dynamics, combustion, stochastic flow and thermal processes, applied math and modeling and heat transfer.
Gloria Elliott | Russell Keanini | Scott Kelly | Charles Lee | Praveen Ramaprabhu | Nenad Sarunac | Peter Tkacik| Mesbah Uddin
Depending on interest, graduate students with interests in bioengineering typically make primary course selections from the following list. For a complete listing of available courses, students are advised to consult the course delivery schedule.
- MEGR 7113/8113: Dynamics and Thermodynamics of Compressible Flow
- MEGR 7114/8114: Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- MEGR 7090/8090: Computational Fluid Dynamics
- MEGR 7090/8090: Data Analysis and Uncertainty
- MEGR 7090/8090: Special Topics: Statistical Thermodynamics
- MEGR 7090/8090: Turbulence Modeling and Simulations
- MEGR 7090/8090: Turbulent Shear Flows
- MEGR 7090/8090: Numerical Methods for Hyperbolic Flow Problems